It’s been almost a year since my last post, and for the past 5 years or so, my extended absences between posts have been a regular thing that I’m working on changing.
I’ve set many goals for myself and my websites, and because of so many reasons, I haven’t achieved my goals. 2012 was my best year online in terms of online income and website visits, and it’s time to get back to that point, and build on it!
- Back then, I was going strong with my BlackBerry, and now I’m going back to that!
- Back then, I was posting a lot more on this website, and now I’m going back to that!
- Back then, I only had a dozen websites, and now I’m going back to that!
- Back then they didn’t want me, now… sorry got carried away with some Mike Jones!
Normally I would post about a website redesign before it happens, but I changed the theme about a month ago to a more minimalist design. I wanted something more focused on content and less of a mess, so even as I add the things I want to add (see mind map above), I want to keep it simple, clean and organized.
The two previous themes this website used were premium themes, the last one was Capstan Business Premium, and the one before that was called Levos. Since January 2017, I had been looking for a new theme, and looked at thousands of premium ones, but none were exactly what I wanted until I found a free one I just fell in love with, Fukasawa.
There’s a lot of work to be done on the different sections, and I will keep updating you all on the changes, but here are some of the things that are live right now:
Social Stream: I’ve connected a few of my social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube) so you can see all my updates in one place.
Hockey Cards: My wantlist and the boxes I have available for live breaks are listed there.
Monthly Goals: I made a big post last year about my goals, and didn’t really follow through, so I’ve now decided to hold myself accountable month to month, starting with March 2017.
Of course, there’s the main page with the blog posts, the contact me section and a search bar.
Here are some of the things coming in March 2017:
- Top WordPress Themes from February 2017;
- Top Minimalist Themes (From my research for the new website design);
- A bet with my wife;
- Follow along on a 30 day course I’ll be taking;
- Hockey card group breaks;
- My meat sauce recipe;
- A few other surprises!